Quick – Filling – Tasty! The holy trinity of staff meals. Unsurprisingly, roasted chicken is probably one of the most common dishes made for hungry workers. Here is a tried and true recipe that never disappoints 🙂
1gallon Hot Water
1cup Kosher Salt
12ea Bay Leaves
2ea Head of Garlic(Smashed)
2Tbsp Black Peppercorn
3ea Rosemary Sprig
1bunch Fresh Thyme
2ea Lemons (Zest and Juice)
1. Combine all ingredients into a large container.
2. Refrigerate and cool overnight before using.
1ea 4lbs Chicken
2ea 2-3lbs Chicken
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1. Rinse chicken under cold running water.
2. Put chicken into the brine. (You can use a plate to weigh down chicken and keep it submerged)
3. Refrigerate for 6 hours. It’s important not to brine for too long or the chicken may be too salty.
4. Preheat oven to 475F, convection setting.
5. Remove chickens and herbs from the brine. Rinse them and pat them dry with paper towels.
6. Place the herbs inside the chicken cavity. Truss chicken. (optional)
7. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
8. Place the chicken on a skillet or roasting rack.
9. Roast chicken for 35-40 minutes. (Best to rotate the chicken every 15 minutes while cooking)
10. Internal temperature should read 155F. Juices should run clear. No blood.
11. Take the chicken out of the oven and allow it to rest. The chicken will continue to cook even at room temperature!