I’ve had this great recipe for several years and haven’t come across one that has beaten it. If you like madeleines or any baked treats to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee, give this gem of a recipe a try!
10g Lemon Zest
6g Lemon Juice
160g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
50g Whole Milk
275g A.P. Flour
9g Baking Powder
112g Melted Butter
1. Whisk eggs with sugar until pale yellow.
2. Add zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and milk to the egg/sugar mixture and whisk until
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture while whisking, until just combined.
4. Add melted butter and whisk until just combined
You can use a KitchenAid with a whisk attachment for steps 1-4.
5. Refrigerate the batter at least 1 hour! Or overnight. This is really critical for getting the
“hump” of a Madeleine, the traditional mark of this classic French cookie.
6. Preheat oven to 350F/(176C).
7. Lightly coat a non-stick, Madeleine pan with baking spray.
8. Spoon 1 tbsp of batter into the center of each well.
9. Bake 7-8 mins until slightly golden around edges and centers look set and slight hump
has appeared. Allow to cool slightly and remove from the tin and allow to cool.
10. Once cooled completely and dust with powdered sugar and serve!
These are best eaten the day they are made. The batter can be made 2 days ahead of time.