Who doesn’t love peanut butter cookies?
450g Softened Butter
400g Brown Sugar
450g Peanut Butter (Either smooth or chunky works)
200g Eggs (Whisked)
650g AP Flour
25g Baking Soda
13g Baking Powder
- In a Kitchenaid, add butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Use a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed for 6 minutes.
- Once the mixture is “whipped” it should have almost doubled in volume. Turn the mixer off.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and move the mixture back to the center.
- Add peanut butter and paddle again on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Turn off the mixer and scrape the bowl with a spatula again.
- On low speed, slowly add the egg, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
- Continue to mix on low speed for an additional 5 minutes, then turn off the mixer.
- Scrap the bowl with a spatula.
- Once the dough is thoroughly mixed, cover and refrigerate.
When you’re ready to bake, portion dough into 100g(4oz) balls. You can add an optional design by pressing down on the dough with the side of a wooden skewer(as seen in the picture).
Bake @ 350F for 9 minutes. Turn the sheet and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes.
You can store this dough in the freezer for several weeks. Just use a four ounce ice-cream scoop when you’re ready to bake a fresh batch:-) I’ll sometimes get a random craving so I’ll pull the dough out of the freezer whenever I’m in the mood. I’ll bake two cookies for myself and put the dough back in the freezer. Really convenient if you want warm fresh cookies.
*Note: Recipe measurements will always be more accurate when measuring in grams. Reference this:
Photo credit: Anita Austvika