230g Unsalted butter (Melted but not hot)
180g Brown sugar
100g Powdered sugar
18g Vanilla extract
420g AP flour
8g(2tsp) Baking soda
300g Chocolate chips
- Put melted butter in KitchenAid with a paddle attachment.
- Add brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla and egg to butter.
- Mix on medium setting for 1 minute. Turn off the mixer.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix on medium setting for an additional 5 minutes. Turn off the mixer.
- Add chocolate chips and mix for 30 seconds just to combine. Turn off the mixer.
- Chill cookie dough in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 360F. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Roll large balls (100g) of cookie dough using your hands and place on baking tray. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn the trays and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove cookies from baking tray to cool.
You can store this dough in the freezer for several weeks. Just use a four ounce ice-cream scoop when you’re ready to bake a fresh batch:-) I’ll sometimes get a random craving so I’ll pull the dough out of the freezer whenever I’m in the mood. I’ll bake two cookies for myself and put the dough back in the freezer. Really convenient if you want warm fresh cookies.
*Note: Recipe measurements will always be more accurate when measuring in grams. Reference this:
Photo credit : John Dancy